Monday, June 22, 2009

what a weekend

The weekend was long, hard, and strenuous…but it had its ups and downs. During the move I got to unpack the kitchen and all of the glorious, fun tools and toys that I will get to use in the near future.
Saturday morning for breakfast before we started to pack up I had instant oatmeal with blueberries and honey, a plum and coffee. I was so hungry by lunch I went and picked up Subway and had one of the best Subway sandwiches I’ve ever had. Chicken breast on 9 grain honey oat, with spicy mustard, pepperocinis, pickles, cucumber, lettuce, vinegar, pepper, with iced tea and baked lays. The last time I had Subway was the day I had it with N and J before graduation rehearsal, so it’s been quite a while.

Some other weekend highlights…
A little slice of home welcoming quiche (with a spelt crust…it was kind of funky :/) with squash and broccoli, and peaches for Sat dinner.



Sunday before work I had 2 boiled eggs with S & P and a piece of peach preserve coffee cake (made by the same lady who made the funky quiche...) During work, which was off sight at a catering event, the menu was chicken kebabs and Greek salad, so I managed to sneak a plate before it got busy.
Sunday dinner… had my tuna salad that I have made before, with a salad of zucchini, squash, corn and black beans and a few spices to liven it up a bit. I finally found a can opener! Yay!




No comments:

Post a Comment