Tuesday, August 25, 2009

chicken salad and desserts

2 of the desserts we ran for this weekend's menu: I got to make my espresso caramel bars, except I used a shortbread crust instead of graham cracker and I cut them in triangles instead of candy bar shape. The other is a lemon sabayon cake, that is made of 2 different cake layers, a layer of blackberry puree, and two other layers of lemon curd and lemon sabayon.







We had so much leftover rotisserie chicken meat piling up at the kitchen so I took AALLL of it off the bone, and used all the white meat for lots of chicken salad. So I've been eating it for lunch and dinner the past few days.


Chicken salad with spinach, romaine, tomatoes and plums with oil and vinegar.



Chicken salad with carrots, celery, side of plain yogurt and local peach.



My mama sent me my favorite granola, that I can't find anywhere here! Nature's Path pumpkin flax. Yum. So I had to have a bowl with a peach right when I got it in the mail.




Chicken salad with side of romaine, celery and tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment