Friday, July 3, 2009

friday 7/3 breakfast & lunch

This morning I had oatmeal, which I love. There is something about the ritual of a steaming hot cup of coffee and hot oatmeal, that just adds to the breakfast experience. I could eat breakfast 3 times a day, so why not start it off with something hot?
I added water, cinnamon, milk, diced apple, raisins and honey and it was very good.

For lunch I made a shredded chicken salad with dill, miracle whip, spicy mustard, a little chicken stock to thing it out, sliced almonds, celery and raisins. I ate it with carrots, celery, tomatoes and a pickle!

I had another Fuji apple today for a snack; and lately I've been making a full pot (8-9 cups) of coffee in the morning (somehow, I believe it shrinks, because I've only been getting 4 mugs full, but I'm not quite sure how big the mug is either. :/) Naturally, I have some leftover by mid afternoon, so what do Ido with it? Iced Coffee! In this case, I added a tablespoon or two of chocolate protein powder, and oooh yum, slightly bitter mocha iced coffee yumminess.
For dinner we went out to this place, a chain restaurant called Posado's Cafe, very texmex, if you will. I ate 2 or 3 chips with jalepeno and greens with fajita chicken and salsa. It was not bad. I had a few bites of sopapilla, which surprisingly I had never had before. Honey, cinnamon deliciousness. Happy 4th of July tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment