Wednesday, July 29, 2009

a few highlights from tucson and july 4th

My last night in TX was the 4th and we had a little BBQ. I grilled chicken, made homemade coleslaw and we also had grilled corn, in the husk. Yummm. And local watermelon that was icy cold.

This is a salad i made while in Tucson with celery, blueberries, romaine, and leftover chicken mole from Little Cafe Poca Cosa.

I made ground turkey lettuce wraps with sauteed peppers and onions.

One of my first lunches, chicken curry in half a pita from Time Market, with carrot date slaw and celery and carrot sticks.

One of my favorite breakfastes, egg white omelets with some sort of sweet thing. I made the healthy muffins from Bethenny Frankel's Naturally Thin book, but subbed pumpkin puree for the apple sauce.. and yuummmy. It was a chocolately pumpkiney muffin/cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment